Do you have a passion for organization and managing an office that runs efficiently? Are you a stickler when it comes to details? Do you get energized by working with spreadsheets and numbers? Does working with a creative team excite you? If you said YES, then we want to talk to you.
Journeyman Film Company is looking for an energetic go-getter to join our growing team. You are a key member of the team, that helps to manage the day-day flow of the office, all the while, keeping your finger on the pulse of the financials.
A little about us:
We’re a growing team of creative folks with diverse backgrounds who collaborate in a production studio in downtown Dartmouth. We create, curate and manage video, animations and social media content with dozens of clients nationally, and we typically have about 30 projects on the go at any given time in at least three time zones. Our core team, along with freelance collaborators, are all working together with our clients to produce exceptional content with a purpose.
A little about the role
Administrative support for our studio:
It’s been almost a year since we moved into our brand new, custom-designed studio. We love it, and we hope you will love it too. We need someone who is committed to our space — not just for tidiness but also “flow” and brand experience. You have a keen eye for the small details that add to the positive work experience. Activities like ordering supplies before we knew we needed them, making sure contractors and suppliers are well equipped and coordinated, overseeing renovations and upgrades, maintaining our great relationships with our tenants, and ensuring that a group of dedicated creatives continue to enjoy a beautiful studio.
Administrative support to our team:
As an agile member of the team, you are helping us make sure our clients have an awesome Journeyman experience from the moment they meet us and throughout the journey to becoming long-term partners and clients. The team will appreciate your support with travel planning, event planning, reporting, documentation, researching, scheduling, meeting agendas, minutes, and social gatherings. Your professional and friendly approach will go a long way because you often will be both the face and voice of Journeyman when greeting clients and other guests.
This role is an important part of the team. You are often referred to as the gatekeeper when it comes to the financial data. Through supporting the Business Manager and the Production team, you are able to maintain all of the Collaborator deal memos, client invoicing, vendor invoices, assist with the input of timesheets, be the driver of the project analysis, as well as, be the owner of the month-end financial binder. We always look for improvement in everything we do; being keen to offer your feedback and looking for ways to be efficient, either with yourself or the process, is also a key part of this role.
A little about you
Your experience with supporting business leaders, office environments and creative teams will be your passion. This role requires confidence, initiative, attention to detail and interest in the big picture. The ability to be assertive will be important in ensuring we are held accountable in meeting our goals and completing the tasks required.
This role is a key part of the team, and we believe there are infinite possibilities for you to grow your skills, evolve your responsibilities and have your ideas recognized and implemented. Since you are the expert, we can’t wait to hear your recommendations on how you can best support the team and what other great ideas you come up with that will help us further collaborate and operate more effectively.
Desired skills and qualifications:
– Office Management experience
– Training or education in finance
– Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, month end reporting, and all multiple parts that lead to the completion of the month-end binder
– Experience in a production environment is an asset
– Positive and enthusiastic approach when representing our team and communicating on behalf of Journeyman Film Company
– Confident and assertive leadership style that builds harmonious working relationships with clients, colleagues, business partners and the general public
– Professionalism and good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information
– Exceptional written and verbal communications
– Project management experience and the ability to effectively prioritize
– High level of expertise in all areas of modern office practices and procedures
– Strong team player and the ability to be proactive, take initiative and add some fun
– Intermediate to expert-level competence with MS Office and database applications, especially Excel
Our wildly audacious vision goes something like this:
In the next 10 years, Journeyman Film Company has a plan to reach $10 million in revenue, have 50 people on our team, and have multiple studios across North America. We will be internationally recognized for the storytelling and content curation we do for organizations. Rising above the noisy churn of media content, Journeyman’s work will resonate with heart, intention and creative spark. Our lasting friendships with diverse clients, people and communities around the world will be a testament to our ability to make an impact through creative content.
A focused, healthy team culture will attract great people who challenge themselves to grow with us. We will be thought-leaders in balancing creativity with process. Our company will have a network of several studio teams in North America and beyond, with each studio rooted in local community and also contributing to a collective global reach. The Journeyman Way will transcend languages, borders and technological changes because it focuses on the enduring and the essential: our common need for a story well told.
If you see yourself helping us on the journey toward this Vision, then get in touch!
What we offer you:
Our team works together in a newly renovated, custom-designed studio space a few blocks up from the harbour in the heart of downtown Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Our core purpose is to build prosperity and understanding through the art of storytelling. Prosperity and understanding are results we seek for our clients and, equally as important, the members of our team. We grow personally as we tackle new projects, and we build our own prosperity as the company performs well.
We offer creative people a solid foundation on which to build skills and careers. We value flexibility and collaboration and aim to craft a company work life that is sane, humane and enjoyable.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits program for our team members and reward great company performance through incentives.
Are you still interested? Great! Please reach out!
We look for great culture and character fit, and we would love to have a look at your resume to see what experience you bring. Please show interest in joining us by responding to the below questions in your cover letter. Show us something that gets our attention!
1. Where do you want to go next with your life?
2. What opportunities would you gain in working with us?
3. Explain how you understand the role and how you are the best fit.
4. What skills do you think a great Finance/Office Coordinator must have?
5. How can we support you, and what do you need from us to be successful?
6. What are the three biggest strengths you would bring to this role?
7. What recommendations have you made in a previous role that were implemented?
8. What does it mean to you to be curious, healthy, authentic, responsible and bold?
9. What are the main things that motivate you, and how do you wish to be compensated when it comes to benefits and compensation in the workplace?
Please submit your resume and answers via email to email@example.com
The deadline to submit your resume is March 24th, 2017, however, we will continue interviewing candidates until we find the right fit. While we thank everyone that applies, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.